NewGen has been selected as an approved contractor through a competitive procurement process by HGACBuy. This contract award allows government entities nationwide to contract our services directly without the issuance of an RFP.
About H-GAC and the Cooperative Purchasing Program
The Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC) is the largest of 24 Councils of Government in Texas, and is a political subdivision of the State of Texas. It has been serving local governments for more than 30 years.
H-GAC's Cooperative Purchasing Program, known as HGACBuy, is a nationwide procurement service that was established pursuant to Texas' "Interlocal Cooperation Act". The "Act" allows local governments and certain non-profits to use contracts appropriately established by another government entity. The H-GAC Board awards all contracts, which can then be made available to local governments nationwide thru HGACBuy. All that's necessary is agreement of the parties, which is legally established thru execution of H-GAC's Interlocal Contract by the End User.
HGACBuy has established Interlocal Contracts with thousands of End Users throughout Texas and across the United States. The Interlocal Contract is the required legal document that establishes a link between the End User and HGACBuy and gives the End User access to HGACBuy contracts. Use of the Program for a particular purchase by any government entity is strictly at the discretion of that entity.
Benefits of HGACBuy
- Access to volume purchasing and discounts.
- Over 200 years of combined purchasing experience.
- H-GAC writes technical specifications that eliminate the need to hire consultants for that purpose.
- H-GAC absorbs the costs associated with publishing legal notices.
- Expedited procurement process so you need not be delayed for months preparing specifications and satisfying all of the other requirements for competitive bids and proposals.
For more information on the HGACBuy Program visit www.hgacbuy.org or contact Nancy Casselberry at .